2.05.2006

Baby Business


This weekend was the beginning of a new era for me. My first baby shower. My friends Amanda and Aaron are expecting their first child and I was invited to spend my Saturday afternoon surrounded by baby paraphernalia and lots of ladies. Luckily, Danielle and a gaggle of work buddies were there to help ease me into this new arena.
Let's start off with all the weird stuff there is to buy when you find yourself soon to be a parent. Danielle and I were searching through Amanda's registry for proper gifts and we came upon an item that looked like a travel neck rest thing-y. We were wondering why you would need something like that? We chalked it up to the fact most parents appear to be very tired and deserve a neck pillow if they want one. But then, she wanted a slipcover for it, too. That seemed a bit odd. We came to find out this thing is officially called a "boppy" and you use it as pillow support while breastfeeding. Here's the real kicker: she also received an item known as a "Pee-Pee Teepee". It's basically a hat for the baby's you-know-what to keep away unwanted surprises while diaper changing. Can you believe it? It totally blew my mind.
To wrap things up, I've been baptized into the baby world now. And what a strange, strange place for a gal like to me to end up.
I wish Amanda and Aaron the very best in their journey into parenthood. They are far more prepared for life's little surprises than I am.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite picture of you, taken at Lake Wallenpaupak.
I can't imagine how I managed to nurse 9 children without that pillow!!!!!(not all at once)!
Gram F

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey