2.12.2006

Georgia Snow



Today marks the first and perhaps only snowfall of this winter in the Atlanta metro area. This is always exciting. If you're a true Southerner, you know it might be about time to head to the grocery store and stock up on bread and milk. I never know why those two items always sell out with the threat of snow, but they do. Heck. If I'm going to be stuck in my house for a few days, I'm going to stockpile wine and key ingredients for soup making.
I've included a picture from our deck with a few flurries highlighted. I doubt you can even make out the snowflakes. As I was out there documenting this momentous occasion, I realized that this was Pinochle's first snow. She was very excited about watching the falling snow even if they were nothing but microscopic particles floating in the air.
2/13 Update: As Greg and I drove into the city this morning, we found that snow had stuck to the ground in a mini winter wonderland. A nice way to start off a hectic work week if I must say so myself.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!
Not to upstage you but we had at least a foot of snow!!
Talk about winter wonderland!
The pine trees were bent with snow and the birds were enjoying the feeder (and the squirrels).
I was thinking of the time in Lockport we went tobagganing and
Neil and I (or was it you)hit a tree?
Enjoy.
Gram F

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey