1.30.2006

Phew!


After months of inactivity, Greg and I kicked into gear this weekend.
On Saturday, we hit the Silver Comet Trail and biked 9.4 miles. I think this bike trail is one of the MAJOR perks of moving OTP (Outside The Perimeter). It's just lovely. It's also a pretty flat trail since it used to be a railroad line which is perfect for ole' Seven. Seven is my remake of a 1950's Schwinn cruiser. I must admit, I purchased it with style in mind; not functionality.
What could be a better way to end a day like that? I'll tell you. A Death by Chocolate party. I won't even try to describe the vast amounts of chocolate served by our three lovely hostesses. Greg and I had our fill of chocolate delights and even indulged in a "to go" bag full of goodies.
Okay. I know you're thinking,"Gwen, you've completely nullified your afternoon workout with that party". And you're right. I did. Please proceed on. I already have.
Sunday we investigated a local gym to see if we may want to become members. I took a yoga class that made me sweat like I've never sweated before and it wasn't even one of those "hot yoga" classes. Plus, I was sore for 2 days afterwards. Greg calls this complaining, but I'm proud of my muscle aches. Bring it on!!
I apologize to you loyal blog-checkers. I've had a tight schedule this week and can't seem to get my act together to publish a blog. You're also getting a recycled picture: yoga from Big Sur last spring. It makes me happy to look at it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gwen, haven't you realized by now that you simply must have chocolate! It's one antioxidant that I insist on having daily!
Auntie K

Anonymous said...

CHOCOLATE !!!! We must have one of those parties next time you visit.
You can be the hostess. I'll be the tester.
Gram F

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey