1.03.2008

Winslow!!!

Welcome back and Happy New Year to you! I'm back to the daily grid after a rather short-lived holiday season. Greg and I have found a new friend to share the new year with and hopefully many more to come. Meet Winslow.

I've posted his mugshot from PAWS where we adopted him shortly before Christmas. Would you like to hear his story? He was picked up by Dekalb County Animal Control and placed in a cage with several other big dogs sharing one food bowl. PAWS noticed how skinny he was and figured he was too meek to fight for his grub. They rescued him and brought him to their no-kill animal shelter to find a home. Evidently, Winslow is quite the escape artist. He managed to find his way out of his first family's fenced in yard only to be found 4 days later. The family decided that was enough for them and brought him back to PAWS. We'd been watching their website to find the friend we were hoping to adopt over the holidays. We went to PAWS the Friday before Christmas to "window shop" and walk a few of the pups we had our eyes on. I had no intention of leaving with a dog. We had a dinner date over at a friend's place that evening.
We walked a few of the dogs before we came to Winslow's cage. He came up to us and licked my hand. I melted and asked Greg if he wanted to walk one more. We were both a little saddened by his resemblance to our Zoe, but I figured it was worth a shot. On the walking trail, my eyes filled with tears and I just knew. I knew Winslow needed to come home with us. We called Jen to make sure it was okay to bring along another dinner guest as we filled out the paperwork.
Winslow is adjusting well to his new home with us and the kitties. I've added another picture of him.....he's a little camera shy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new addition!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey