1.18.2008

I love this stuff

I used to write down my dreams and interpret them more. I really should get back into the habit again because I feel dreams allow you to be more aware of how you process life and cope with changes. I posted my dream earlier this week because I thought it was strange and I hadn't had such a vivid dream in a while. My interpretation hits home - to me.

Let's begin.
My bigamy suggests I'm having a difficult time making a decision. Evan represents not only harmony, but also all of the feelings I normally associate with him: Greg and I danced to his song Hard Drive at our wedding.
The beach setting and indigo storm cloud symbolize unknown changes in my life and struggling with fear and confusion. The fact that I found safety from the storm indicates these problems will blow over quickly. The water slide constructed of metal and blue tarps illustrates my optimism and strength of character. Sliding down the water slide represents feeling swept away by my emotions while still going with the flow. The tarps in the splash pool at first inspired fear, but eventually left me with feelings of comfort as I found myself in the company of loved ones again.

I find all of this incredibly humbling. My brain is working through things I barely feel on the surface of my daily life.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're wonderful husband must be crushed! I hope you do something nice for him (in your next dream) like get him a blizzard from DQ.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey