3.13.2006

Spring has Sprung


My daffodils are up. My hostas are returning. Our maple tree is budding. I have spring fever. I spent the entire weekend digging in the yard. I couldn't have been happier.
I planted 50 spring bulbs this fall and I spent the better part of the weekend planting an assortment of late spring and summer blooming bulbs. I'm even trying elephant ears along the side of the house that harkens back to my childhood days in Florida. Neil and I used to hide underneath them during quick sunshine showers.
Greg and I planted a jasmine vine that Ashlea and I bought for our apartment here. It felt great to finally put it in the ground for good.
Greg assembled and water sealed our patio furniture. Now, we have a place to relax and enjoy the lovely weather all season long.
Next weekend, we tackle the lawn. We're going to try the organic route this year. I've already started the war on weeds and done lots of research. We'll see how it goes. We'll be purchasing a lawn mower and lots and lots of pine straw to make the yard look presentable. Hopefully, pretty soon we'll start filling in the flower beds with flowers.
Wish me luck on the lawn adventure! I'm hoping PapPap and my mother's green thumbs are in my blood.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Your roots run deep and strong, Gwen...enjoy yourself and keep planting those memories! Love, Mom

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey