3.30.2006

Flashback


So... my friends continue to get married. I've recently been added to an e-mail thread that connects quite a few people from my high school days. It's weird and scary when we all start shooting our memories back and forth just how much of it I have forgotten. Greg added me to the thread saying something along the lines of, " In case you want to relive things that happened 10 years ago". Of course, I reminded him that WE are one of those things that began in those days. Yes, this year Greg and I will celebrate 10 years together. Again, weird and scary.
Let me share one of the funniest memories from this e-mail chain. The story starts with two car loads of us heading from one location to the next. I was in the lead car with Greg and another cohort. The second car told us they would meet us at our next destination shortly. We drove there and waited. And waited. Where were these people? In the boredom that followed while we continued to wait, we stumbled across an emergency yellow strobe light in the vehicle. It was then decided that when the second car load drove by us our car was going to race after them with the strobe light flashing from our dash. Sure enough within moments, the car drove past and we peeled out after them with this light blaring. They pulled over. The driver exited the car scared out of his wits with his hands up. Ahhh....good times.
I find it incredible how much I have changed and grown in that time. I'm not saying I wouldn't pull you over with a strobe light because if given the chance; I just might.

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey