3.11.2008

Holy Enchiladas!

I'm been in a real Suzie Homemaker mood lately. I'm chalking it up to Spring. I've done an overhaul on our closet, managed to score a new dining room set from the wedding fund and started planning my garden adventures for 2008.
As you may know, Danielle underwent major surgery a few weeks ago to have a marble-sized tumor removed from her spine. She and baby are doing very well. I've taken it upon myself to make sure I keep them well fed in the coming weeks. This brings me to the best new recipe I've adapted recently.

White Bean Enchiladas with Verde Sauce
Adapted from Martha Stewart
2 cans white beans (Great Northern or Navy)
2 cups of Monterrey Jack cheese
1/2 onion
12 small to medium tortillas
24 oz. of sour cream
8 oz. canned green chilies
1 tsp. ground cumin
***Makes a double batch

Preheat the oven to 350. Puree green chilies and 1/4 onion in food processor. Add sour cream and cumin to the sauce. Line baking dish with 1/4 sauce.
Assemble enchiladas with beans, remaining onion and cheese. Place in them in the dish seam side down. Spoon another 1/4 of the sauce on top to cover and sprinkle some cheese on top. Bake for 30 min and serve with Spanish rice. Enjoy!!!

I make one for immediate consumption and one to freeze. Susie Homemaker recommends the same.


4 comments:

Maigh said...

Um PS, your modifications rocked the house.

gwen said...

Why, thank you!

Danielle said...

I endorse this recipe 100%!!! But then again, I'm on serious narcotics... so take that endorsement with a gain of salt. Hehe, but really, wicked good! Had another serving for lunch today! Killer with some Texas Pete hot sauce. THANKS GWEN!!!

Danielle said...

Oh! And lovin the new Gwen-esque blog design!!!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey