5.13.2007

A Happy Mother's Day to all....

Saturday morning Greg and I stumbled out of bed at the ripe hour of five forty-five to greet the race particiapants with a t-shirt after the Susan Koman walk/run. Greg's mom passed away from breast cancer 10 years ago this month. Our morning was filled with smiling faces all in line to receive an XL t-shirt from the two of us armed with black permanent markers. As with every breast cancer event we participate in, I'm reminded of the love, grief and hope that connects us all.

My own mother received a personalized e-card from me today similar to the one you see pictured here. I took several around the house and yard only to finally chose one in my front flower bed. I attribute my green thumb to my mother and her side of the family.
I don't think I've ever posted a picture of my two "children". Pinochle is on the left looking off into the distance and Danka is on the right striking her best show cat pose. I took the picture with a tripod off our entrance steps which is my explanation of why the top if my head is missing from the photo.

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey