5.24.2007

Bag 'o plenty

I've been frequenting the local Farmer's market on Saturday mornings for the past few weeks. I must say, I enjoy the drive into town for a stroll through the booths filling my tote with goodies.

This week was the kick off week for the CSA I joined. I left work a few minutes early to make sure that I didn't miss the pick up window. I was so pleased to get a teaser email detailing this week's bounty: lettuce, new potatoes, cabbage, parsley, Hakurei turnips, strawberries and spring onions. I rushed home and immediately popped a strawberry in my mouth and starting making plans for upcoming feasts. I'm thinking the new potatoes will be a part of Heckman's Famous Potato Salad recipe tonight. Then, maybe some coleslaw for Memorial Day? But what about those Hakurei turnips??? The CSA manager recommended serving them raw with a slice of brie. I'm down. Brie + anything = yummy goodness. I plan on doing a little more research on those turnips since I have half a paper lunch bag full of them! Please post suggestions if you have any.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Will you be making any delicious meals for your friends? Especially ones who cannot cook for themselves? hint hint!

Rose Tahash said...

http://recipes.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Category:Turnip_Recipes

Happy Cooking, that all looks delicious!

threelegdog said...

Mmmmm fresh veggies! So where did you pick up your goodies? We used to have a delivery every week, but it was too much for the lady doing it.

Oh and I have really enjoyed reading your blog the past few months!

-Amy W :)

gwen said...

Amy- Farmers' Fresh Foods has pick up locations all over the city. I wish I could get it delivered to my door!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey