8.19.2009

Ms. Scarlett in the Library with the Candlestick

I needed to pick up a book on hold at the library last night and I really didn't feel up to driving an entire ten minutes to get it. I just wanted to make a lovely summer pasta salad dinner, enjoy a glass of wine and be done with it. I managed to somehow convince Greg to not only go with me, but also to drive us there. It must be my charm and good cooking.

We arrived to find some strange "goings on" in the parking lot; two teen-aged girls recently had a fight. A cop arrived while we were inside and as we were heading back to the car, we heard one of the girls relaying her version of the fight to him. I told Greg during the ride home that the only thing worse than men fighting was women fighting.

As I was continuing along in Plan B, I realized it was more than just that. Anne describes libraries as sanctuaries,"Libraries are like mountains or meadows or creeks: sacred spaces".
Agreed.

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey