8.17.2009

Figs and other thoughts

This weekend, I planned on going "figging" at a local pick-your-own spot. Due to the recent lack of rain, there were no figs to be had. This is the point in my story where I suddenly remember a fig tree at a nearby office park. Do we dare? Yes, we dared and joined the league of suburban scrumpers.

scrump (v.) to steal fruit, especially apples, from a garden or orchard


I made a reasonably yummy fig tart with our spoils. We've since gotten an inch or so of rain here so maybe I can get some legit figs soon.

On another note, I began reading Anne Lamott's Plan B: Further Thoughts on Faith. I love her. Seriously, when I read her books (stick to her nonfiction) I feel as though I've reconnected with an old friend.

2 comments:

Laura and Eldad said...

I heart figs.

gwen said...

I know, I always think of your lovely fig tree in Queens when I see figs.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey