7.14.2008

Dear Basement,

You are killing me.

For what feels like the millionth weekend in a row, I spent 97% of my time toiling away in the bowels of our home. I can’t deny that my Dad has spent equally as much or perhaps even more time working away on the room that will eventually house man things like music-making devices, gaming systems, and a projector.

I just don’t know how he does it. I mean, he’s nearly twice my age and is totally kicking my butt when it comes to work stamina. Add to the fact, he’s driving two and a half hours each way to enjoy a weekend of basement bonding with his daughter.

This weekend included priming, painting, some more electrical work and hanging doors. The highlight of the weekend for me was strapping two doors to the roof of my Saturn while a third door hung out from the hatchback. We looked like the Beverly Hillbillies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank heaven for great dads! I have one myself and don't know what I would do without him. We are very lucky girls! Good luck to the two of you on finishing the basement.

Maigh said...

Dear Basement,

I look forward to meeting you, and walking all over you. I hope I don't spill any food or drink on your nice new outfit.

-Maihg

Maigh said...

Ooooh. I misspelled my own name. Either I'm having pre-witness relocation issues or I need to go home because it's been THAT kind of a Monday.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey