6.29.2007

Rant

#1 McDonald's melts your brain.

I know this because they recently opened one near our house. I sit at a flashing signal light waiting to find out what direction these people would like to turn after getting their food. One in every ten cars that sits across from me actually puts on a turn signal to indicate "Hey, there other drivers! I'm turning right!". The other nine cars I suspect are chowing down on a Big Mac or are simply intoxicated by the smell of french fries.

# 2 Greg and I are not "Hippies".
We are environmentally and socially aware people. We bathe regularly. We do not wear patchouli or Birkenstocks. We own ipods. We don't listen to the Grateful Dead or drive VW vans. We do love the Earth and -most- of its inhabitants.

4 comments:

Maigh said...

I like the word hippie! To me it means happy/love/kind/generous/wise to the ways of the earth. No stinky connotations!

Danielle said...

I like the word "Yippie." A new hybrid of a hippie and a yuppie, made up by Gwen and Greg.

Love, Danielle (a yuppie aspiring to be a yippie)

gwen said...

I think I wouldn't mind the word hippie if I wasn't called one several times a week. If you really want to piss me off you can call me Gwen Stefani. Go ahead. I dare you!

***As a side note- this rant was not sent out to anyone in particular.

Maigh said...

I like Yippie.

It makes me picture G&G's heads on yorkie bodies.

Is that wrong?

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey