4.05.2007

Sensory Overload

The other night, after a long day of working late I went outside on our deck to enjoy a beer alone. Greg was inside playing a very loud video game and after dealing with the public all day long...I needed some time alone. I sat out there and it reminded me of the last time we went camping. The evening was dank with a recent rain and the quiet solitude was comforting.
I looked up into the Georgia pines and saw something flashing. An airplane? No. It was the appearance of the season's first fireflies. I soaked up the woods and all they had to offer....little did I know what the next day had in store for me. Both of those experiences reminded me of how lucky I am.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Hey, it's been a while since we've heard from you via blog. I know you've been sick, but geez, throw us a bone!

Rose Tahash said...

Seriously!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey