7.24.2006

Blue weekend

This weekend was my annual (this year marks my second) trip up to the blueberry patch for an afternoon of sweaty berry picking. Last year, Greg and I made an entire day of it with berry picking, a picnic lunch and a quick dip in a local lake. This year, I gave Greg a "get out of jail free pass" and took some of my ladies with me. Sarah, Danielle and I did some serious blueberry picking under the hot Georgia sun. It was very zen-like to fight your way into the center of these 8 foot blueberry "bushes" to reveal the hidden treasures most pickers overlooked or were too faint of heart to brave the branches. Between the three of us, we picked over 6 lbs. of blueberries....
Danielle hosted a Blueberry Brunch the following morning with blueberry pancakes, muffins and mimosas. Yum! Now, I'm researching recipes to share more of my blueberries with my co-workers. I've already made muffins....maybe scones this time around?

1 comments:

Danielle said...

This Mainer loves her some blueberries!!! My blood runs BLUE!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey