7.17.2009

Blueberry business

Last weekend was my yearly trip up to Berry Patch Farms to pick all the blueberries I can in the 90 degree heat. I managed to pick a little over 2 quarts and had the hopes of preserving my first harvest with my new canning equipment. This weekend, we're heading to the Georgia mountians for a relaxing weekend away and I'm hoping to sample my first batch of preserves. Last night, I made a Blueberry Boy Bait Cake. I mean, how can you not want to try a recipe with a name like that? It almost made me swoon. Needless to say, it will be joining us at the cabin this weekend.





4 comments:

Meredith Clinton said...

Yum, let me know how it all turns out! We enjoyed our small batch over cereal this week :)

Jennifer Beaver said...

Have you planted a blueberry bush in your yard? We have one and get TONS of blueberries every year!

Danielle said...

I'm eating my blueberries as a snack right now. But really really look forward to the CAKE!

gwen said...

@Meredith: We enjoyed a few bowls of cereal with them as well. So good!!
@Jennifer: Yes, I have one 3 year-old bush and I planted 3 more bushes this year. They only produce enough for the birds or a quick snack while in the yard. Hopefully, we will get more eventually!
@Danielle: We will have a blueberry smorgasbord at the cabin!

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey