2.10.2007

Memories...

Recently, Greg and I have been watching the Dog Whisperer. I've been thinking a lot about Zoe lately and I really miss having a dog in our life. Greg and I both admit that right now is not the best time for us to adopt a dog, so that will happen towards the end of this year - I hope!

Our thoughts then turned to what kind of dog do we want? One day, I'd like to have another Golden Retriever again, but not now. My vote for our next dog is a mutt from the pound. Our cats are not "breeds"...they simply wandered into our lives. Greg, on the other hand, wanted a certain breed we had seen one day while at a local bike shop. We've been debating the breed of this dog for quite a while now. I remembered the dog as a medium-sized pup with gray short hair. Maybe it had a few spots around the head was probably part of the hound family? Greg remembered it as closer to a Weimaraner.

Last night on our walk between a pub and our dinner destination, we passed that same bike shop again. Sure enough, a gray dog was sitting outside. We walked up and one of the bike guys came out of the store. I asked him if this dog wears a pearl necklace from time to time and he laughed and said, "Yes, but he doesn't like to admit it!". We spoke for a few minutes about his dog when I asked what breed he is. A mutt. He's probably part Akita and part Great Dane according to his owner.

We went to dinner and on our walk back to the car the bike dude called us back. "Hey, I have something for you!" He went into the store, grabbed a pearl necklace and called the dog over. I laughed and dug into my purse for my camera. So, I've included a picture of Night sporting his pearl necklace. I hope that it will help jog our memories in the future!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I spent Valentine's Day babysitting Lola while Neil and Lindsey went shopping, out to dinner, and a movie...Lola couldn't be left alone because she has a "hot spot" on her butt from being exposed to fleas while at the dog trainer. She was chewing herself raw even with a bucket on her head. My students loved having her with us for the day and I got to play "Grammy." Remember this as you get ready to go on your birthday jaunt. Your traveling days will be numbered.

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey