9.11.2006

Weekend Warriors


Greg and I certainly lived up to that name over the course of this past weekend.
On Saturday, I participated in my company's annual Volunteer Day as a co-project leader at Jerusalem House. Our group showed up and managed to spread 3 truckload of mulch and prime 2,500 square feet of hallways all in 2 hours! It's amazing how much work you can get done with a motivated group of volunteers. I find this even more impressive considering we were short on supplies...roller cages, tarps, wheelbarrows and rakes. I'm pictured on the left in the red shirt. Not the pregnant lady!
Greg, on the other hand, rode and rode his bike this weekend. He completed his ride each day in about 5 hours. I'm so proud of him! He said it was rough-probably the hardest physical feat he's ever accomplished in his life. I asked him how he kept going and he quoted a song from Revenge of the Nerds. Bone Symphony's One Foot in Front of the Other. We usually sing it to each other when one of us (usually myself since you all know how graceful I am) trips and nearly busts. I know; we're nerds.
I've included a picture of Greg as I found him after I got off of work on Sunday. The caption should read, "This is what Greg looks like after biking for a really, really long time".
Thank you all for your support of Greg's ride and for those of you who volunteered with me!

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : background image by Patrick Hennessey